You finally did it! After months of debating whether or not to get Invisalign, you bit the bullet and started treatment. In your kit, you may have noticed that it contained a few packets of Invisalign cleaning crystals. While you may know that it’ll help keep your trays nice and clean, you probably have questions about how to use them. Luckily, we’ve got you covered. Read on to learn more about these crystals, how often you should use them, and a step-by-step of the process.
What Are Invisalign Cleaning Crystals?
Invisalign cleaning crystals are designed by Invisalign for thorough cleaning and disinfecting of clear aligners and retainers. They kill bacteria growing on the aligners and also help remove any plaque to keep them fresh and clean. If you want to keep your plastic trays fresh, you should soak them with Invisalign cleaning crystals every day. The non-toxic materials are clinically proven to clean your trays and reduce discoloration.
How Often Should You Use Invisalign Cleaning Crystals?
It’s honestly up to you! You can use Invisalign cleaning crystals as often as twice a day, but once a day is really all that’s necessary to keep your aligners clean. Before putting the trays back in your mouth, you should rinse and brush them thoroughly. Make sure you store them properly when not in use.
A Step-by-Step Guide for Using Cleaning Crystals
Do you know how to use your Invisalign cleaning crystals? If not, don’t worry – here’s a step-by-step of the process:
- Remove your aligners from your mouth.
- Rinse them under warm running water to eliminate debris and wash off excess saliva.
- Fill a clean glass with warm water and dissolve one packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals into it.
- Place both top and bottom aligners in the solution and make sure they’re fully submerged.
- Let them soak for about 15-30 minutes.
- Afterward, remove the aligners and carefully rinse under warm running water.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to brush off any leftover plaque or buildup.
- Rinse your aligners under warm running water to wash off the solution.
If you want to keep your clear aligners in pristine condition, Invisalign cleaning crystals will help you do just that! With this guide, you can make sure your trays stay fresh throughout your entire treatment.
About the Practice
At Meadowbrook Dental Care, we are passionate about helping patients achieve their happiest, healthiest smiles. Our team values patient education to ensure you make the best decisions for your oral health. To learn more about Invisalign cleaning crystals, visit our website or call (516) 284-1234.